Chiropractic for Pregnant women
During pregnancy your body will go through an incredible amount of physical and hormonal changes. Prenatal (before birth) Chiropractic for Pregnant women can help the body adapt to these changes and maintain a happy and healthy pregnancy.
- Less Headaches & Neck Pain. The loss of the normal cervical (neck) curve as a result of postural changes in pregnancy may lead to headaches and neck pain. Both of which are leading reasons why people see chiropractors in the first place; whether they are pregnant or not!
- Safer Delivery. Chiropractors work specifically with the pelvis during pregnancy, restoring a state of balance and creating an environment for an easier & safer delivery. More women and birth providers are discovering the many benefits associated with Chiropractic for pregnant women and recognise this area of expertise through the ICPA (International Chiropractic Pediatric Association) advanced Chiropractic Webster Certification. Our Chiropractic Doctors are ICPA members.
- Less Back Pain. As your baby grows & your womb stretches it pulls your centre of gravity forwards and this can put a strain on your back. Studies show that 84% of women who received chiropractic care during pregnancy felt a relief in back pain.
- Optimal Foetal Position. Chiropractors trained in Chiropractic for pregnant women can help to detect, prevent and correct fetal malpositions. This is very different to the medical manipulation of the baby; it is done with very gentle touch on your pelvis and is used so that you don’t go so far as to need the medical intervention.
- Shorter Labour & Delivery Times. A study showed that women who had regular chiropractic through their first pregnancy had a 24% reduction in their labour times. Plus those having their second or third baby reported a 39% reduction in labour times.
- Healthy Mother: Healthy Baby. Chiropractic for pregnant women helps to ensure a healthy immune system for both mother and child, whose immune systems are intimately linked during pregnancy. We aim to help keep you happy, relaxed and pain-free: and this really does benefit your baby.
Once your bump has landed, we would also love to check your baby for free… It would be our honour!
Click here to learn more about how we can help babies and children.
Page: Chiropractic for pregnant women